Tuesday 28 January 2020

OHS Service Wrapper

I mentioned it in my last post but I can now announce I have successfully created and tested a Windows service wrapper for OHS.

Using this you can control OHS via a Windows service, rather than relying on running scripts. This is useful for environments where interactive login with the Windows service account is not allowed.

You can find the project here:
https://github.com/justdan96/ohsw

Because this can be used with other things - not just OHS - and also so I don't potentially get sued I've decided to name the project "Oh! Service Wrapper". Because it's surprisingly useful!

This is just the first version so it really is a "use at your own risk" deal. Feedback, questions and improvements are welcome via the GitHub repository.

It's written in Golang so compilation is straightforward and there are no external dependencies. When I get around to it I'll create a GitHub action to create Windows executables automatically.

1 comment:

  1. Hi There , this worked perfectly to fill the Gap oracle declined to fix. Cheers

    ReplyDelete